Sunday 9 December 2012

Along Came Betty Range @ Tesco

I was browsing in work, Tesco, when I finished my shift the other night and I stumbled across these little beauties. As you can see, they're an obvious rip off of Soap & Glory, going for the vintage look but I thought I'd give these a try because the prices were really good! They're at an introductory price at the moment, so I'm not how long they will be this cheap for, (hopefully for a while if they work). I picked up 3 products out of a possible 10-15 products. The cute headband is just cute, so why not? It will always come in handy. I will do a run through of what they are but I won't be reviewing them fully today. In about 2 weeks, after using the products throughly, I will do a full review.


Firstly; Brilliant BB Cream in Medium, £2.99.
I didn't notice whether they did these in different shades, I just grabbed the first one I saw, luckily the shade is surprisingly okay for me considering I'm so fair. Like many cosmetic products I use, I am on the hunt for the perfect drugstore BB cream. Being a student, I can't really afford to buy high end products, unless I splash out on myself when student finance arrives, whoops  I have so far tried Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB cream and Rimmel BB 9-in-1 Cream. Unfortunately, both of those made me break out so bad. So the side of the box for Brilliant BB Cream states "5 wonders of BB cream: 1. Sheer Coverage, 2. Radiant Appearance, 3. Luminous Complexion, 4. Moisturises, 5. UV Protection". It has an SPF of 15, which isn't as high as the other two I have tried, but maybe thats why they made me break out, we shall see. My first thought when I tested it on my hand was how lovely the consistency is. It's not too runny or too thick, it blends really well and makes my skin feel super soft afterwards. I think I might be onto a winner here & at £2.99, it's rude to refuse but only time will tell.


Second; Foaming Lovely Face Wash, £1.99
I'm not usually a massive fan of face wash, but lately I've been getting more spots and dry skin than I've ever had so figured I need to start looking after my skin properly. I haven't used this yet so haven't got a lot to say about it at the moment so I'll go through the basis of the product. You can't really see the writing well in the pictures as I was taking them at half 2 in the morning so lapsed a little, but the bottle says "Introducing Kakadu Plum, Skin Conditioning Super Fruit'. Well I just had to google it because well not every fruit is a super fruit!
"Science has identified the Aboriginal bushfood known as the kakadu plum as the world’s richest natural source of vitamin C, which makes it an excellent ingredient in skincare products. As we know, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and an essential nutrient to help slow the aging process. Vitamin C is essential for the formation of proline, an amino acid that is required to make collagen. Due to its massive vitamin C content, kakadu plum is becoming an increasingly popular ingredient in skincare products." 
Well I think that says it all to be honest. I can't wait to try this, it smells amazing!


Lastly; Be Firm Arms & Legs Toning Cream, £2.99
Every time I go into Boots, I stare at the Soap & Glory Sit Tight cream and ponder whether to buy it and my mind always tells me no but my heart really wants to buy it. £16 seems a lot of money for some cream that might not even work, I'm very skeptical of many products until I've tried them but I don't like spending a lot of money on products. I'm my own worst enemy really. So when I saw this in Tesco, it was in my basket within about 5 seconds. £2.99 isn't a lot of money to waste so I thought why not. If this one works, then I know the Soap & Glory one will so I might bite the bullet and finally purchase it. So Be Firm cream has vitamin E, jojoba oil, orange peel and algae extracts and the bottle states that it is a "Cellulite Busting Formula". Unfortunately, I do have cellulite on my legs which I desperately want gone, or if not gone, looked after, toned down if you will. After christmas, I will be hitting the gym and seriously healthy eating, but even that doesn't guarantee the complete loss of cellulite so hopefully this cream will help in some way. The cream is quite thick and you can feel it on your skin for a while which is a downfall for me. I love light creams that you can't even tell you've applied. However if this cream works, that will not bother me in the slightest! Again this is the kind of product I need to use for a while to see the full effect, probably even longer than two weeks. Fingers crossed!


I will write a full review, including how I got along with them and whether I will purchase them again etc on all three products in roughly two to three weeks. I want to give them time to work before I can recommend them. Speak soon!



1 comment:

  1. I have started to use the be firm cream. same as you i will be seeing if there is a difference in 2-3 weeks

    ReplyDelete