Saturday 8 December 2012

Recent Purchases;




Recently, I brought these two products which I am absolutely in love with. They are Vo5 Miracle Concentrate Elixir with Argan Oil and Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Eyeliner. I've wanted to get both of them for a while but never got round to it, basically forgot, whoops. Well anyway, I finally got them and I have been using them enough to give a good full review.

First; the Vo5 Miracle Oil. Beginning of Autumn, I decided to dye my hair red as I was sick of having black hair. As you can imagine, the process involved bleaching my hair but I used a different product than usual. I used a Garnier High Lighter Bleach & it was the worst mistake of my life! I had to use even more product because of that terrible product, which in turn absolutely ruined my hair. My friend, Beccy, recommended this to me a while back so I automatically thought of this when I needed something to repair my hair. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now every time I've washed my hair and the difference is amazing. A few drops of this stuff goes a long way, so you just need a few drops in the palm of your hand and rub it through towel dried hair, mainly through the ends. My hair feels so amazingly soft, I can't stop running my fingers through it. I'd recommend this product to literally anyone. Even if your hair isn't damaged, it might help to keep it feeling nice and soft. It costs round about £5, but I brought it on a 3 for 2 offer with my John Frieda Red Shampoo so technically didn't pay for it :3


Secondly; Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner. For a while now, I've been on a hunt for the perfect 'drugstore' black kohl eye liner. Majority of the ones I've tried have either not been pigmented enough or have rubbed off and smudged around my eyes throughout the day thus making me look like a panda. However cute pandas are, it is definitely not a good look. I was recently watching Fleur De Force's November favourites video on youtube and this eyeliner was included, in black and nude. I will invest in the nude version as well as it's the perfect colour for the waterline if you want a natural look. So I brought the black and was instantly impressed. The formula is more like a gel eyeliner in the form of a kohl pencil. I am a massive fan of gel eyeliner so this won me over instantly. It's perfect for harsh lines but it smudges easily to make a smokey eye effect. However it only smudges if you do it on purpose. Once you smudge it on purpose, it then doesn't move. I wore it as a harsh line on my lids at work and it didn't smudge at all, no panda eyes! Fantastic. I brought it whilst it was £3.98 on offer in Asda but I think that might be the price of it anyway, which is fantastic considering how amazing it is. I'm a massive fan and can't wait to try out the other colours!




No comments:

Post a Comment